Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baby's Got Brand-New T-Straps


All right, folks, look out because I'm about to indulge myself in a wholly unserious yet near-and-dear-to-my-heart topic of shoe shopping. Yes, I realize that this blog was started to address more serious topics of depression, anxiety, identity crises, parenting, and the like, but sometimes in life some situations cry out for a little retail therapy. Such as the situation I found myself in the other day when my darling daughter was walking around in sandals that fit her at the beginning on summer, but now her little toes are sticking out over the edge of her soles. (Good thing they're open-toed shoes, or I'd have nothing for her to wear). Fortunately, we were up in Ballard during side-walk sales where I discovered these adorable Umi t-straps on sale for $20 at Market Street Shoes. I was entertaining buying her a pair of See Kai Run shoes because a. they are super cute and well-made and b. the company was started by a local Seattle mom, but I couldn't resist buying these fantastically-priced t-straps from a great independent shoe store. So, here's to all the great independent, local, and mom-owned businesses out there who keep our feet well-appointed and our consciences clean.

No comments: